SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waverly - Tall Ships Cruise 2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinemole

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Waverly - Tall Ships Cruise 2011 Reply with quote

Due the generosity of my good friend Gerry Marchbanks I experienced the Waverly's Tall Ship Cruise today on the Clyde. I've taken 350 photographs but I'm still too hyper to edit them and at the same time desperate to sleep. We humans are a contradictory lot. Have resized a random sample for your perusal and will make the full album available once I get it sorted out.

What can I say? I knew it was going to be good but it exceeded all my expectations and then some.

Waverly approaching Custom House Key - Greenock

The Red Arrows strut their stuff

Sorry about the random head but snapshot mode trying to keep up with these guys.

Obligatory visit to the engine room

Not sure if the tugs were spraying in celebration or trying to douse the hordes of small craft breaching the Port Authority 'exclusion zone'. The Captain of the Waverly, being a law abiding citizen, stood well off but still managed to give his customers a grandstand view.

The ship was packed and the cruise has hopefully injected some badly needed cash into the coffers.

The tall ships themselves, creatures of grace and beauty. More to come. LOTS more to come.

Waverly departs Custom House Quay to head upriver to Glasgow.

If I'm still around next time these ladies visit I will be there
Max Power

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Photographs Very Happy Very Happy
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that, Max Very Happy Very Happy

Nice one Mr Mole, "canardly" wait for the rest of the album. Cool

Spoke to Lachie at the weekend, told him, you would probably be at the event.
marinemole

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have at last managed to upload my pictures to Photobucket. My daughter arrived back from Oman for a visit yesterday and the time from the Waverly trip to her arrival was taken up by gallant attempt to steam clean the house. Connaught has been moved from her berth in the back bedroom to my den and literally rubs shoulders with me as I type.

Many of the pics were taken on 30x optical zoom with my new camera and some have been cropped. Not ideal but usable.

Full album at

http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv59/carmanmole/Waverly%20-%20Tall%20ships%20cruise%202011/

Couple more sample shots

Index pictures

Again full album at

http://s669.photobucket.com/albums/vv59/carmanmole/Waverly%20-%20Tall%20ships%20cruise%202011/

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Chit-chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: