SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUBMARINE CLASS WWII AND NUCLEAR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbo770

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: SUBMARINE CLASS WWII AND NUCLEAR Reply with quote

[b]I put forward that there should be introduced 2 classes of submarine for compeitions, on surface running manouvering and dynamic dive and surface test or static dive and surface test. to measure authentic movment of the sub, then you could have highbread conversions considered on the level of additional toys that have been fitted and how they have been achived.
(although having seen some of the Edinburgh galleries there is some nice sub's round that neck of woods!)

Rob in Aberdeen Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IainM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,
I'm surprised Andrew hasn't been here ahead of me Smile

He has been talking about a Submarine class also. We'll probably come up with something for our (EMBC) Sub Day on ..... don't you know it, I've forgotten the date Embarassed
You'll find it on the Events listing.

Hope you'll be able to come down for this. We need to have a good get together.
Apart from that, it'll be interesting to compare torpedo ranges - now there's a thought for a competition Laughing Trouble is, who will 'donate' the target Twisted Evil

Best regards,
Iain
Robbo770

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Submarines!! Reply with quote

Hi Ian,
yes I thought he would have posted a comment by now as well,
don't think my u2540 will be ready for that, but will try and arrange to get down,
by the way when using Pattex Stabilit, is it totally waterproof or are you still best to seal it with a primer coat of paint??

cheers Rob in aberdeen[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IainM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, Andrew Gray swears by this stuff and as far as I am aware he leaves it 'as-is'. I haven't tried it myself so ....

I'll post in Help forum

Regards
Iain
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving this some thought and research before responding fully because I simply don't know the answer. I've personally never seen a competitive submarine event despite attending 'Sub Days' down South. I know that it was intended to run one last Sunday at Barrow but that never took off because of the snow and gales. I'll check with the AMS folk and get back in due course but one of the challenges of sailing subs is their lousy turning circles - so tight courses are out. Remember too that subs don't reverse. And how do you produce a course that allows static and dynamic divers to compete on the same terms?

Andrew
Bill Noon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking that the very fact that it can do what its supposed to, when required is criteria enough!
Laughing
Robbo770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the weather is going to improve if we could orginize another SUB day , I am keen to let the rest of you see my sub's (Iain seen one although I was not photo'ed for my award???? Iain???)
I have got the U2540 hybrid now operating almost spot on , including the firing torpedo's although they now look a bit worse for wear!! (have to make torp set mod 8 if I get the time Mod 7's working well though,

I fancy getting you guys opinion to her as shes been a bit of a project!!

look forward to hearing back from ya all, Hope your feeling better by the way Andrew, as I was asking after you at the Nationals

regards Rob
Aberdeen Model Boat Club
http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeen-model-boat-club/[url]

[img][img][/img]

Last edited by Robbo770 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob

Thanks for the good wishes and congratulations on your award at the Federation Regatta. Great to see a sub winning something!

EMBC will be holding another SubDay - but it may not be until next June as our calendar is somewhat full at the moment. I have discussed this with the Association of Model Submariners and we are going to try and co-ordinate dates with their North of England members. Incidentally there is a SubDay taking place at Furness MBC in Barrow on Sunday 2nd September. It's a long way I know but 3 of their members made it up to Edinburgh for our event so some of us are going to do our best to reciprocate. I hope to have the SWM Kilo and Oyashio with - and anything else that might work!

I (and others) would very much like to see your subs and the torpedos. I'm waiting to get the Club's newly acquired test tank functioning so that I can get the Los Angeles wtc checked out for integrity and then maybe I can get my torpedo system up and running too.

Andrew
Robbo770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Thanks andrew, if you get any dates at all extra clear soon let me know,I am willing to arrange a day up in aberdeen as the water is crystal clear as well which always make the sub show up even better, but it would be more of just a sub fun day gathering with some refreshments etc,and discount from the hot food van beside the pond for burgers etc as Aberdeen Council have banned any barbaques! at any time, let me know and see what the intrest is like, as the nationals was excellent bar the pond water colour in Richmond was what can only be described as black! even the running light weere hard to see!

regards Rob
[img][/img][img][/img]
Robbo770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b] The guys from the nationals who were eagerly photographing my U47 could try and get in touch, think they were the greenock squad but could be wrong, so many new faces that day and the memory not what it use to be,

give us a shout guys, and visit |Aberdeen's web site and sign the Guest book please!
http://www.freewebs.com/aberdeen-model-boat-club/[url]
Robbo770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Scottish SUB FUN DAY Rally for SUB Users!! Reply with quote

Scottish SUB FUN DAY Rally for SUB Users!!
Monday, Aug 13, 2007

Rally to all Sub users,

I have spoken to Andrew Gray from Edinburgh club and he is intrested in trying to orginise another SUB Fun Day,

so please all sub owners contact myself (Rob) here or both of us on the SFMBC forum to try and arrange another date soon,

well then hopefully get some better weather to boot

our U-BOATS!!!!!

Rob
Robbo770

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: THINK WE BUILD GOOD MODEL!!!! Reply with quote

SEE THIS LINK AND IT WILL MAKE YOU THINK!!

http://homepage3.nifty.com/MODEL-HIRAO/inf-prv.htm
Robbo770

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Items for sale!!!!!! Reply with quote

Last edited by Robbo770 on Sun May 25, 2008 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Robbo770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys surely some of you SUB fans are intrested in getting the ultimate accessories for you subs and stands!!

give me an email please, let me know at least if your interested.

thanks Rob
Robbo770

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Well she got what she earned!! Reply with quote

She Won first place and even got her first offical Edinburgh Club Kill, all be it a lame duck kill!!

here is the potage for you from the terry with his wind driven camera boat, short but sweet!

[url]<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i180.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid180.photobucket.com/albums/x194/robbo770/Movieu2540.flv"></embed>[/url]

or

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x194/robbo770/?action=view&current=Movieu2540.flv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Submarines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: