SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wee Nip meet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nip Sunday at Richmond, won't happen this month, due to a bring & buy sail at the club. Sad Sad
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nip Sunday is on again this month, the day's are getting c o l d, so let's make this a good one, while you can still feel your fingers!

Gold Label, will be sporting it's "florist wrap Golden stealth sail", great when the sun hits it but how many times do we see the sun, in some conditions it disappears, that's my excuse anyway
Daffy Nip N14, will be ready to sail on Sundy, if Wille H can get N15 finished on time, he will be there, he said, he doesn't care, where he comes in, as long as he beats Willie G, don't worry Willie, with the paint scheme the other Willie has he can't see his boat.

Confused? You will be.
sammyk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: nip sunday Reply with quote

me an ma mate keith went to the nip sunday at richmond ,a good day was had by all.dnt be vague won but a think he polished his hull the smell next to his yacht was so strong or it could have been his new sail, a dont know . i was third caus colin went past me like a speed boat on the last leg .anyway thanks go to the richmond club for the invite and to all the rest of you if you have a nip come to the next meeting you wont get as much fun out of any other boat.ps keith was last te he. regards sammyk
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octobers Nip Sunday has been & gone, there were 8 Nips today, not bad considering the Blackpool Show was on.

The wind was fickle once again, from zero to gusting in two or three directions, at the one time!.

Almost immediately I got caught up in a 3 Nip raft or trimaran, or should that be Trimanip, think they were hoping my "good luck" would rub off on them or perhaps they could not see my stealth sail.

Modesty forbids me to say how far ahead I won but I had time to get my camera out & take pictures!!!

Perhaps it was my stealth sail, no-one could see me steaking away or more likely I just happened to catch the wind at the correct time. No skill, just luck?.

Daffy Nip had it's first outing, sailed by Frank, who does'nt have a Nip but always seems "to get a shot", he learned how much harder it was sailing in a race. Willie H. did not have his Nip ready so he will have to wait till next month before beating Willie G. but Willie G went home happy as he was not last this time, well done Willie.

The guy's from Ayr had a good time, they asked if we sailed all year, so hopefully we will see them again. They also asked if we could arrange better wind next time, must bring it up at the AGM!!

Last edited by Don't be Vague on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie H, was at the club today, he told me he didn't make it to the meet on Sunday, because, (deep breath) after finishing his Nip, he dropped it & bent the rudder, while he fixed it, he smelled burning, the sail has a hole burned in it by a gas fire, he put the boat in the car, then couldn't get into the boot, he tried climbing through from the back seat & pulled his back!!

Honestly Willie, if you don't want to play, just say so!!!

He should call his boat, "Lucky white heather".
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sammy

Somehow I missed your report on the day, must have been polishing my hull or something. Laughing

Like the quote "if you have a nip come to the next meeting you wont get as much fun out of any other boat."
That's it official "man frae Ayr" said so.

Our AGM is being held on this months Nip Sunday 15/11, so this months Nip Sunday will be on the 22th, this date will also be posted on the Nip website http://sites.google.com/site/theweenip/.
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't manage to make the revised date, apart from Colin, neither did anyone else, can't blame you, because of all the storms & flooding.

At Colin's suggestion, the season is over, I totally agree, we're all getting toooo old to stand about in the cold & wet.

It's been good Nip sailing this year, with a few new converts, if the reports I'm getting about further new builds, 2010 should be even better.

I would like to thank everyone who supported us this year, either by taking part or offering facilities.

Hopes for next year
, " to smash the 11 Nip Scottish Record" keep watching next year, you can be a "Record Breaker"
Norry Mason

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Hi Eddie...

Did you manage to get the lads at Largs M.B.C. sorted out with Wee Nip building equipment...
Remember they asked me at the Largs Regatta in August...

...Best Regards...Norry...
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrry Norry missed your post somehow. Embarassed

In answer to your question, David has been in touch with the guy's at Largs & supplied them with templates, I'm sure he will pester (or should that be encourage) them as required.
He says it's a great pond to sail Nips in.

If anyone from Largs is reading this, let us all know how you are getting on.
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guy's

It's been a long winter, as if you didn't know Rolling Eyes

I've noticed a number of members at Richmond walking around aimlessly twiddly their thumbs. Turns out it's a condition caused by the lack of trasmitter useage, there is only one thing that can help these poor demented souls, thrust a trasmitter into their hands & point them in the direction of the pond, they do not even need to have a boat sailing at this early stage of their treatment. In time, they will recover, some of them can with a bit of help, become useful member of the club again.

To this end, it has been decided to restart Nip Sunday Razz Very Happy this month, so if you don't intend going to Greenock on the 21st March & you realy have nothing better to do, why not join us Laughing

ps. We realy don't care what's inside your Nip, as long as you sail it, but for those of you contemplating "illegal" mods. you will have to carry a forfeit Rolling Eyes
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James, showing off one of the Knightswood Nips, Popeye Nip Laughing
Nice one Popeye, James even managed to stand like the man himself, that's what I call getting in character.

Dispite what you may have been incorrectly told, Nip Sunday, is at Richmond "THIS" Sunday, 21 March 2010 starting around 1pm.
Please bring more than one set of crystals!

So far, (weather permitting) we have entrants from, Ayr, Edinburgh, EK, Rouken Glen & possibly K'wood & Govan, so it looks like the first Nip Sunday 2010 could be a good one. Very Happy Very Happy

ps. if your boats a bit dodgy, remember the forfeit Rolling Eyes
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee Nip Sunday 21 March 2010

The first Nip Sunday of the year, got off to a good start, with 7 entrants.

Early in the morning I received a call from Keith , "it's cold & dreach here in Kilmarnock" "Richmond's not in Kilmarnock" I said "& we've got pies & cakes in" that was the clincher, he was off like a shot, wish his sailing was as good, then he could be a winner.

We had a few races, then stopped for lunch, a bad move, as some of the guy's also brought "electric boats" & started using them, tut, tut.

When will Keith learn the difference between Nips & Springers? As long as he's happy! For Keith's benefit, the Springer is on the left.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, red boat won, David was awarded the "Golden Bunny" Richmond also won, we got 2 new members today, & we now have more members interested in building Nips. Thanks to all, who helped to put this together, it was a good start to the season.

I received the following email tonight, which sums it up,
It was good fun at your clubhouse today, sailling and company excellent ,the pie scrumptious, the tea superb. I had good fun,thanks for having me. The raffle at the end was good as expected

Nip Sunday will be at QP next month 18 April, if your having an open day, why not have a Nip race Razz All you have to do is ask.
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David & I went to Knightswood today, for an enjoyable afternoon, at their Start of Season Show, & to "spot Nip activity"

There were 8 Nips sailing today, including 2 "frae Ayr" & the 1st Nip I've seen from Elderpark.
Glad to have you abourd Ian, he is looking forward to more Nip events.

This puts us in good stead for QP on the 18th April. Big G is getting Nibbles in.

Didn't get too many good shots today, you can see them at http://sites.google.com/site/theweenip/meets-2010
brianc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to apologise for stealing your Nip today Eddie Embarassed
I did`nt realise I had it for so long,it just goes to show how addictive these wee things are....
Once again, sorry matey.
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Brian.

You also got all that personal traing from David, for free, looking forward to seeing your plastic Nip, Very Happy when it is finished, any pictures yet.

From what I saw of your training, you might be taking the trophy home from QP Shocked

As you say "If it`s worth doing, it`s worth doing well" well done mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Yachts All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: