SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wee Nip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill M

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Wee Nip Reply with quote

Bill I asked a question in the help part of the forum. It was about downloading the wee nip plan. I downloaded it onto A4 and found there were no dimention whereby I could work out the overall size of the yacht. I would need to know this also the weight limits etc. I received a reply from Ian M advising me to get it copied at 307% larger to get the full size. this I could do but still would not know weight limitations both for the ballast and the boat as a whole. Unless there is no laid down rules as to them. Dying to try to build and sail the Wee Nip. Regards Bill PS. heard about it at the Federation agm.
Bob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: WEE NIP info Reply with quote

Goodmorning Bill,
Back a few years I downloaded the drawing for WEE NIP and the class rules for STRATHCLYDE 70. These were the rules that prompted MMI to sponsor a design that complied with these rules. The info here plus the A4 drawing scaled allowed me to draw it out full size. The resulting yacht has performed well, though to date I have no competion to measure against but I am hopeful. Where it wins is the short rigging time and simplicity of operating mechanisim. I used 1.5mm ply for hull with a covering of GRP tissue, 3/8" alloy tube for mast & boom. The all up weight came in at 2.25kg, a bit over weight but room for adjustment when competion arrives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Yachts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: