SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reminder of current Rule

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IainM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reminder of current Rule Reply with quote

1 Stand-off judging will take place on the water only and points will be awarded for handling, stability, speed etc. And general appearance with attention paid to realism;

2 The model must have been built by the entrant;

3 All models entered must be sailed by the entrant;

4 Judging will be in accordance with the Stand-off Scale Judging Sheet and points awarded accordingly;

5 Entrants making false declarations will be disqualified;

6 There will be two or more judges;

7 The judges will, as far as possible, be independent I.e. Not Federation members or members of the participating clubs;

8 A model that has won 1st place in this competition before may not enter this class again.
Eddy Matthews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why this is the only class that says the model must be sailed....

Surely the whole point of the models we build is that they are working models? And to that end, a realistic appearance on the water should be a criteria in my opinion.

How many times have you seen a superbly built model of a fishing boat or warship that the owner puts on the water and then it hurtles around like it's a fast electric! Even if the model is overpowered (sometimes a good thing for getting out of trouble!), it should be driven in a scale like manner when being judged.

Okay, rant over.... Smile
JimG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The present exact scale rules allow for the entry of non working models. In the past there has been at least one static sailing ship in a case entered.
Eddy Matthews
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimG wrote:
The present exact scale rules allow for the entry of non working models. In the past there has been at least one static sailing ship in a case entered.

Okay, I can see that Jim - In which case I would suggest seperate classes for working and none working models.

In general a none working model can always be made more accurately than a working one - No problems with hull draught to take into account, fittings can be made much finer, as they don't have to take the rigours of handling associated with a model that is intended to sail.

I've always considered working and none-working models to be different. Both have their place, but in my opinion they cannot really be compared equally...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Stand-off Scale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: