SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Annual General Meeting 2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IainM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Federation Annual General Meeting 2011 Reply with quote

I am sure you are all aware that this AGM will take place on the 27th February 2011.

However I would remind you all that the Federation requires the active participation of its Affiliated Clubs in order to function.

In the not too distant past, some Clubs have come perilously close to foundering because of a combination of internal disputes and the unwillingness of Club members to become involved in the operation of the Club.
I sincerely hope that the Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs will NOT suffer this fate!!

I appreciate that individual members are probably most interested in building and sailing their models and involvement in Committee matters seems just a step too far.
However many Clubs have access to a sailing water courtesy of local authorities or possibly a private landlord. In either case communication between the Club and the local authority is an essential part of maintaining both access to the sailing water and support of the facilities provided. This is increasingly important in a time of financial constraint, where leisure is likely to assume the lowest priority in local politics.
The Federation can assist in these matters ONLY if it itself has the active support of its Affiliated Clubs.

If you'll forgive the plagiarism ....... united we stand, divided we fall.

I will not apologise for the wee sermon. I've been involved in the Federation since its inception and feel very committed to its continuance.

Iain Moffatt
SFMBC Webmaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> Chit-chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: