SFMBC.net Forum Index SFMBC.net
Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wee Nip Regs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Wee Nip Regs. Reply with quote

Wee Nip Regulations for SFMBC

The object of Nip sailing is to "promote the fun aspect of the hobby", therefore, the rules should be kept to a minimum.

The following 6 rules have been agreed at the 2010 AGM:-

(1) The hull length & bulb depth should be built up to a max of the sizes laid down
in the Marine Modelling International plan (70cm including bumper), any size under is acceptable.
The sizes marked on the plan, for the keel, mast & sail are also to be regarded as a maximum.

(2) Contact should be avoided.

(3) All markers should be passed on the appointed side.

(4) The junction of the mast & boom is to be fixed, with no adjustment to the boom angle.

(5) A bow bumper, must be added to protect other boats.

(6) Servo's to be standard, no sail winch allowed.

Last edited by Don't be Vague on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
sammyk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: nip regs Reply with quote

my boat has a sail control servo fitted is that allowed or will i have a ticket stuck to my hull .i thought this was all about fun ?
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy

Glad you told us all about your "illegal" sail servo Twisted Evil

We are "sailing for fun", if you "COMPETE" you will have to "fall in" & I don't mean the pond.

Your club is, I think, Fed. members, if so, the rules were voted on, just last week at the AGM where your club could have objected on your behalf.

ps. There are others out there as well, NOT at Richmond, I may add, we are all good law abiding citizens Rolling Eyes
IainM
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sail control using normal Servos is obviously allowed.
Sail WINCHES are not.
You describe it as a 'sail control servo' which. on the face of it, should be OK.

Iain
sammyk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: wee nip rules Reply with quote

i built the wee nip to learn to sail and as it sails well i dont want to change it, so i will just stay home and sail .when i am at work i have to stick to rules and i dont need them when i am doing my hobby
Max Power

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: wee nip rules Reply with quote

sammyk wrote:
when i am at work i have to stick to rules and i dont need them when i am doing my hobby

Are you suggesting that there should be NO RULES?
sammyk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: nip rules Reply with quote

no what i am saying is i will stay out of it and the other members can get on with it. i dont want to start bad feeling amoung the ranks .so i will keep my illegal boat on home waters that way i wont upset anyone
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: nip rules Reply with quote

sammyk wrote:
i will keep my illegal boat on home waters that way i wont upset anyone

Sammy, that's one of your endearing features (upseting everyone) you can upset us at Richmond anytime, whatever happened to the "spirit of the hooligans"

A wise man once said "rules are for fools to obay & wise men to debate" don't regard myself as a wise man, no comments please, Shocked but here we are debating it.

We need hooligans like you Laughing don't stay "locked up" in Ayr.
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: wee nip rules Reply with quote

Max Power wrote:

Are you suggesting that there should be NO RULES?

It's not as daft a question as it at first appears, if that is the feeling of "The Nipsters" we can change it.
I initially had actually had the same thought but a blank sheet of paper does not look good, as an official set of regs. Shocked some people wanted it over 3 pages long, BORING

Can I suggest we wait till we all meet at various clubs, so that we can discuss it at the pond side.

ps if it's raining, we can sit inside, drink tea & slag each other, after all, Nips are about FUN. Laughing
sammyk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: nip rules Reply with quote

if someone builds a wee nip from the plan and its not an exact copy going by the rules they can not sale.i have raced with most of the wee nips and there is no boat way faster, its all about how you sail it.thats how i am never in the winners row, but its the best fun i have had sailing any model.regards sammyk
Don't be Vague

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: nip rules Reply with quote

sammyk wrote:
its the best fun i have had sailing any model.regards sammyk

KEEP ON SAILING SAMMY, as you say, you never win anyway Laughing perhaps we could start a help Sammy win campain, or maybe not Rolling Eyes

ps, remember the forfeit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SFMBC.net Forum Index -> RC Yachts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: